Policy Impact Analysis
Government policies can have a dramatic effect on the tourism sector. The great destination success stories invariably include a government committed to policies which foster tourism development.
Tourism Economics assesses a destination's tourism policy drawing from a host of experiences and international best practices. Our approach is decidedly empirical, evaluating the real returns to the economy of particular policy options.
Our analysis provides governments with the insight to make wise economic policy decisions.
Among the questions we help answer are:
- How will increasing entry restrictions affect tourism?
- What are the economic benefits and costs of legalized gaming?
- How will an increased occupancy tax impact visitor demand, the economy, and the tax base?
- How can we attract tourism investment?
- What will happen if we raise or lower our tourism marketing spending?
- How can we implement public-private partnerships?